Wednesday 13 July 2011

Hospitals, poker, bed & work.

I hadn't planned on updating my blog today, I was waiting for the weekend and hoping for some inspiration to come my way, however I've just ended my poker session a little earlier than planned as I'm not feeling to great and it's effecting my game.

I was surprised just how fast time has past since I last updated, but thats understandable since I've been extremely busy. Since the last post my Dad has been in and out of hospital with leukemia related infections and on a couple of occasions I was sure we were going to lose him but he just keeps fighting.


Life for me has been an endless round of work - hospital - poker - bed - work - hospital - poker - bed.

One of the good things that has come from this is the conversations I've had with my Dad over the last few weeks, we have been reminiscing about all the years we worked together in the block yards, remembering some off the great characters we worked with, not forgetting the arseholes as well, also laughing at the antics we used to get upto! I feel the love I have for him just grows and grows day by day and I'm just truly thankful for winning the lottery of life and being his son.

NoiQ Poker

Since my last blogpost Ive changed pokersites, I wasn't enjoying playing on ipoker and was steadily watching my bankroll deteriorate and felt I wasnt getting enough back from the site I was playing on. I discovered NoiQ Poker via RaketheRake.com and signed up for a 30% rakeback deal also they do 3 rake races each month and its not exactly difficult to get paid out for placing in the rake races, when I calulated what rake I'd paid and what I had got back it worked out at a whopping 65% RB!! I recalculated again at the end of the latest race and I got the same figure. Wish I could get rakeback for hospital parking fees!

As for the actual playing itself, I've racked up about 25,000 hands on noiq the currency they use is the euro as opposed to dollars so 10NL on noiq is a bigger stake than 10NL on pokerstars, with that in mind i dropped down to 4NL euro tables and decided to start at the bottom and grind my way up, after 10,000 hands I was beating the limit by 9bb/100 so decided to step up to 10NL euro stakes and hit a brick wall, incredibly moving up coincided with my ego getting a little inflated and starting to believe I'm a lot better than I am, which in turn tilted the life outta me and in the space of 3 or 4 sessions I was down about 10 buy ins...shit.

                                                                   I am the red fish!

So I'm back down to 4NL and I'm gonna stay there and crush the life out of it for about another 15,000 hands then have another crack at the next limit, in the mean time I will just keep learning & playing, keep improving and slowly but surely I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment