Tuesday 1 March 2011

Tough Month Poker & Life

Just finished my last session of February it was a short session only 378 hands of .5/.10 6 max nlhe it took 68 minutes 4 tabling as I just wanted to achieve my silverstar status on Pokerstars and then get an early night as I hadn't slept the night before worrying about my Dad who is in hospital at the moment, he has leukemia and also just before Christmas had a heart attack, so he has been in the wars of late but he's one tough cookie and he is ever cheerful and just gets on with it, unlike me I'm a whining bastard!.

Tonights session was Ace because I ran like God, making 237BB's in just 378 hands I even was dealt pocket aces half a dozen times and everytime it seemed like it was just either folded round to me uncalled or as soon as I raised everybody folded, just felt as though I wasn't getting any benefit. I was hoping to gets some stats and graphs on this post but as I'm a noob I aint a clue what I'm doing so they will just have to wait until I fathom that one out.

Yesterday I had to come off after missclicking the fold button instead of calling an all in when I had a T to A straight FML!! it sent me on the worst tilt I can remember as I was shaking with temper (almost) so fuckin annoyed with myself... Talking of tilt does anyone have that really strange feeling that comes over them when you are running hot and you feel like omg whats occuring!? I feel a bit panicky, its fear of loss I think fear that all of a sudden this amazing session is going to end and the Poker Gods are gonna trip me up while the rest of the Gambling Gods look on pissing themselves laughing!

Decided to search myself on poker-edge.com and they currently rate me as a SHARK!! think they may have made a mistake I think I'm more of a dogfish than a fucking shark but I'll take that I must be on the right track, I just need to keep playing consciously, keep reviewing hands, reading and watching videos and keeping my mind on my poker goals.

 I came across this great quote from actor Will Smith....

“The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is that I’m not afraid to DIE on a treadmill. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, but if we get on a treadmill together, there are two things:
1- You’re getting off first
OR
2- I’m gonna DIE
It’s really that simple”


and thats the attitude I want to bring to my poker career.

No comments:

Post a Comment