Wednesday 22 February 2012

Blogging hiatus.


Defination of Hiatus...
an interuption in time or continuity : break; a period when something (as a program or activity) is suspended or interupted.

25th September 2011 was the last time I updated this blog, I never intended to let such a long time pass between posts, but I've not felt like I had anything worthwhile to say as I've been struggling in a few areas of my life after the loss of my Dad, In reality I probably had lots of worthwhile things to say but something deep inside me prevented me from expressing myself.

So whats been occurring?

My obsession with beating micro six max cash games didn't go away even after saying I was going to focus on sit n goes, I did dabble with 45 mans and 180 mans on Pokerstars for a short but profitable spell before feeling the pull of cashgames and going back to 6max resulting in December'11 not only being my highest volume month ever, but also my first winning month (thank goodness for rakeback) Cash games online are tough nuts to crack even a micro stakes, the regulars are fairly solid and the fish just don't like to fold! If you are going to play cash games or a new to playing poker I'd recommend Betfair which is part of the Ongame network, the guys who run Ongame have set it up in such a way to make it difficult for sharks to prey on recreational players and this makes the cash games a bit softer than most sites and the sit n go's are very soft and a good place to start playing.

Playing cash is proving very frustrating for me as I'm putting time and effort in and just not getting the kind of rewards I'd like, my game is improving all the time as I'm finding and plugging leaks however I can play solid for hours and then make one silly mistake and all the hard work goes to pot and this tilts the hell out of me.


I've recently built a relationship with a really solid Pokerstars reg who is currently doing very well playing the turbo 180's upto $15 buy ins, he also went very, very deep in the Sunday Million for a decent score and after discussing poker with him and a couple of other guys I know, I have no doubts whatsoever that I need to focus on Multitable SNG's and eventually graduate to large field Multitable tournements

180 man sngs can have large variance swings but take one of these babys down and its 157 times your buy in, so winning one pays for a lot of losers. I'm currently studying all the 180 man sit n go content on Deuces Cracked and will be posting hands in the tournement poker forum. My serious grind starts the 1st of March and I shall be posting my sharkscope graph here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment